Details of my travel whilst on the road

Thursday, April 12, 2007

quick update

Work is going well and my health is good.

It is only one week until I will have arrived in Osaka Japan! I am getting very excited, I cannot wait. I am using all of my spare time working out the agenda and budget for the trip! It will be so good to visit Japan - I have always wanted to go - and especially to see Kayo's home, wedding and to visit the wonderful friends I made at university. I still need to work out how to prioritise things to see and do in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka - if you have been and have advice, please email me! I have worked out what I need to pack, and trying to decide what luggage to use - i think either a small wheeled bag, a large backpack, or a hybrid. Oh, I am also trying to watch as many Hayao Miyazaki films (from studio Ghibli), in case I end up visiting the Ghibli museum in Tokyo.

Otherwise what is new.... I will meet up with all of the graduates in my program this Saturday for a boozy dinner, that should be good, and cousin Jono and family are visiting on Saturday lunch time. Can't wait.

Tonight I made a white miso sauce that also had sake, mirin, sugar and mustard in it. It is great, but I think its best as a marinade or baste - too strong to use as a regular sauce as i did tonight. Still, one more to add to the repertoire.

Anyway, will post before i leave for JP, and during or after trip - hopefully with pretty pictures of the Sakura (cherry blossom).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home