Details of my travel whilst on the road

Monday, October 23, 2006

jobs jobs jobs

Yesterday I had a first round interview/assessment for another Graduate recruitment program for a Government department. This one was for a NSW Department - meaning all of their offices are in and around Sydney - meaning if I am successful I could remain in Sydney. It sounds like interesting work, and I think I should have a reasonable chance at it. The assessment involved a writing test (based on the Graduate Skills Assessment format - which I sat in July) and a cognitive and abstract reasoning test. I generally do well on each of those kinds of tests, so hopefully I will recieve a formal interview in the next round.

Today I also interviewed for an Investment Journalist position. The company is interesting and I will hear about the next round of interviews in about 2 weeks.

I also got some casual work today, so thats good. It starts in 2 weeks, and will tide me over until I start in Full Time work.

yeah.

2 Comments:

  • I dont know anything about casual work... will it interupt the quality time during impending visit from sibling...?

    By Blogger Aussie Abounds, at 7:25 PM  

  • Well, 3+ months is long enough without any work... it is only 20 hours per week, so I am sure i can squeeze in at least 100 hours of quality time still. :)

    By Blogger Matt, at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home