Details of my travel whilst on the road

Monday, March 03, 2008

Housewarming and gardening

On the weekend Kate, Christophe and Joe all came up for a little housewarming dinner at my place in Newcastle. It was great to see them, and thankfully the weather was fantastic. Stupidly I didn’t take any photo’s of the evening.

We went for dinner downstairs at the Bogey Hole café – I will put a little write up of that on the food page probably. It was nice anyway, a good balance overall of price, speed, location and taste. Afterwards we went for a walk along the beach, and had ice cream.

Sunday we had pancakes and a walk around. The guys headed back to Sydney early Sunday afternoon (on the second attempt). I went out to Bunning’s and bought some plants – including some basil and mint for my balcony planter. As I turned the soil, I found loads of the little critters below. They were about four cm long, and fairly disgusting.



I found they are the reason why everything except the Chilli's always die in that pot. Those bugs are eating the plants! I checked with my dad, and they are called cutworm - and they eat everything. I have to change the dirt and throw all that dirt out... :-( Apparently these bugs will turn into a big moth eventually.

So changing the soil in my pot plants will be the highpoint of my Monday night. I may also search out a massage. A sore back makes you feel 20 years older, and I am sick of it!

Later in the week I hope to go along to a table tennis competition at a local pub, and meet with the local photography club. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home